Securing online documents that are legally binding in North Carolina doesn’t have to be difficult. You may be facing one of the following scenarios which requires a Power of Attorney or Living Will: Do you need to name someone who can act on your behalf? Do you want to make sure you have the power to act for your parent when the time comes? Do you need to name someone to handle your business for a limited time? An Online Power of Attorney form through our attorneys at Irvine Law Firm may be your answer.
We offer online forms for our clients to serve many needs:
- Do you want to make sure someone you trust will make your decisions when you are not able to do so? Do you need to make sure you can make decisions for your aging parents? Do you want to leave instructions about your health care? You should designate a Health Care Agent in a Health Care Power of Attorney.
- Do you want to leave instruction about your choices of life support? Do you want to be kept alive by machines? Do you want to help your loved ones avoid having to make a difficult decision? A Living Will allows you to designate what measures are and are not used to prolong your life.
- A full estate plan will typically encompass different documents to address your wishes before and after death. You can name someone to act on your behalf while you are living by naming your attorney-in-fact. You can designate certain end of life choices through a Living Will. The Executor that you name in your Last Will and Testament (link to new page estate-planning) will act on your behalf after your death.
There are generally two types of Powers of Attorney. One deals with your health care and has specific directives regarding your last wishes. The other deals with your business, finances and property. Although a Living Will is not technically a Power of Attorney, it is a document used to control your welfare and designate your choices.
- Health Care Power of Attorney – A document that allows you to designate your “health care agent” and provide him or her with instructions regarding certain aspects of your health care. This is also known as a medical power of attorney.
- Durable Power of Attorney – A document that allows you to name someone who can assist with your financial matters in the event you are unable to handle them yourself. Your “attorney-in-fact” will have the powers that you grant to him or her in this document. These powers can be limited for a particular situation or as broad as allowing your attorney in fact to do anything that you could do yourself.
- Living Will – This document is also known as a Declaration of Desire for a Natural Death. It allows you to specify particular circumstances where your medical provider will be directed to withhold food, water and any artificial means of keeping you alive. This is used when it has been determined that there is no chance you will recover.
Irvine Law Firm: Online North Carolina Power of Attorney and Living Will
We are glad to meet with you or have a phone consultation with you for general estate planning. However, if you simply need the documents and signing instructions, then Irvine Law Firm Online Services is an efficient and inexpensive alternative to traditional legal services.
|Health Care Power of Attorney|
|Durable Power of Attorney|
|Instructions to Custodian of Power of Attorney|
|Revocation of Power of Attorney|
Proper Execution of the Documents is Required
It is crucial that all legal documents be executed with the appropriate formality to ensure that they are enforceable. You must have the correct number of witnesses, a notary and the appropriate language on their signatures. The requirements for a valid document can vary from state to state. A document based on the laws of another state may not be legally enforceable in North Carolina. Irvine Law Firm will ensure that your documents comply with North Carolina law and that they are properly executed. All documents prepared through our Online Services will include detailed instructions to ensure that your documents are signed and notarized properly.