Legal Documents

Free Trader Agreements

A North Carolina Free Trader Agreement in 48 hours. North Carolina law requires that spouses sign real estate transfer documents, even when they own no interest and even if the spouses are separated.

A Free Trader Agreement allows each spouse to sign Deeds and other real estate documents without their current spouse being required to sign to complete the transfer.

For $75.00, Irvine Law Firm will send you a Free Trader Agreement within 48 hours, complete with signing and filing instructions.

To learn more about Free Trader Agreements, please check out our Blog.

Blue Ridge Parkway road during the fall, about to enter a tunnel

Transfer Real Estate in NC without your spouse

  • If you own land and have a signed Free Trader Agreement, you can sell your interest or acquire new interests without your spouse's involvement.
  • If you are you separated and have a Free Trader Agreement, you can acquire new property or sell land in your name alone.
  • If you need to be able to transfer your spouse's interest, you will need a Power of Attorney. 

A Free Trader Agreement is Easy.

Get your papers in less than 48 hours. Both spouses sign in front of a Notary Public.  Take the Document to the Register of Deeds in the County where the property is located.  Pay $26.00 for recording.  You are done.

How to get started

Email us the names and addresses of both parties. We will send you a link to pay $75.00 by credit card. We will email you the Agreement within 48 hours, complete with signing and filing instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do spouses need to be separated to sign a Free Trader Form?
No. Free Trader Agreements are often used by married people who want the freedom to make transfers of their property without their spouse’s involvement.
Can I use a Free Trader Agreement to transfer my spouse’s interest in land?
No.  If your spouse's name is on the Deed, they will need to sign the Deed or a Power of Attorney in order to transfer their interest.
What if I have land in more than one NC county?
You can either execute multiple originals of the Free Trader Agreement or you can take the original recorded in one county and then record it in another county.
Notice and Disclaimer
• No lawyer-client relationship is established until the services are agreed upon and the fee is paid.
• All documents and legal advice are based solely on the information provided by the client.  
• The lawyer-client relationship is limited to the preparation of the document or the legal advice purchased.
• Irvine Law Firm does not provide tax or financial advice.  All documents and legal services are based on North Carolina law.
• The relationship ends upon transmittal of the final version of the document or the purchased legal advice.
Celtic symbol logo with a gradient of orange purple blues and greens